CST - Sang - Shield Fit
Sang (Shields) - the ultimate functional strength training tool
In this workshop you will learn all about the Sang, how to use it, including variations.
The Sang, shaped after the shields of the ancient Persian warriors, is the ultimate functional and non-linear strength tool.
The Sang develops great strength, stability and endurance. But also great accuracy, precision and dynamic proprioception.
The size and dynamics of pressing the Sang makes it considerably more functional than the standard dumbbell, or barbell, chest press. The Sang conditions you to coordinate, position and align your body during each movement. This is of practical importance for martial artists, wrestlers and MMA practitioners in particular.
The Sang is simple to learn but difficult to master.
The workshop is available as face-to-face and online course.
Either of the below:
- Cert III in Fitness
- CrossFit Trainer
- Kettle-bell Instructor
- Yoga Teacher
- Previous experience in circular resistance training activities and exercising with clubs, Kettle-bells and/or Bulgarian-bags is an advantage, but not necessary.
What you will gain by attending:
- The fundamental principles and exercises with the Sang
- The correct way to perform each exrcise and variation, including how to cue and correct others
- The purpose and function of each exercise, along with the bio-mechanical processes involved
- Safety aspects and injury prevention considerations
- How to introduce beginners to the Sang
- How to assess clients’ readiness for Sang exercises, and regress and progress the movements as needed
- How to design, format and introduce individual and group exercise programs and classes
What you will get upon successful completion:
- Illustrated Course Manual containing all exercises and teaching information covered in the course
- Pre-packaged exercise programs and routines with clear progressions suitable for all your clients
- Equipment care and maintenance procedure
- Discounted access to our members only video library
- Special membership discounts on our equipment
- Ability to use the Persian Yoga name and logo in your own marketing
- Certificate of completion (Issued to all who complete the workshop)
- Certificate of competency (Issued to all who complete the workshop assessment component)
What & When:
- 1/2 Day 8:30am-11:30am (No breaks)
- 8:30-9:00 Introductions
- 9:00-10:30 Fundamental techniques with the Sang
- Double Press
- Single Press
- Variations with Double Press
- Variations with Single Press
- Single Rolling Press
- 10:30-11:00 Safety aspects & Injury prevention
- 11:00-11:30 Revision & Feedback
Online Course Schedule
- 2 x 2hrs session covering the same material
Online course fee: $150 pp ($100 for Fitness Australia members)
Courses are held by appointment