Meel (Persian clubs) - Fundamentals - Level 1
Meel® Level 1 Workshop is where you’ll learn the fundamentals of Circular Strength Training & the Meel®.
You will learn how to effectively and safely use the Meel in your own practice and with others.
We will teach you fundamental techniques, exercises and variations and how to - properly - swing the Meel (forget about the YouTube clips you have seen) and use it in circular strength training. Meel®.
Learning to swing the Meel with proficiency can be quite a technical challenge to the uninitiated. This is why we focus on teaching and enforcing the fundamentals in this Level 1 course rather than overwhelming the student with the more advanced variations which we teach in our progression level courses.
Either of the below:
- Cert III in Fitness
- CrossFit Trainer
- Kettle-bell Instructor
- Yoga Teacher
- Previous experience in circular resistance training activities and exercising with clubs, Kettle-bells and/or Bulgarian-bags is an advantage, but not necessary.
What you will gain by attending:
- Fundamental principles and exercises with the Meel
- 15 different exercises and variations with the Meel
- The correct way to perform each exrcise and variation, including how to cue and correct others
- The purpose and function of each exercise, along with the bio-mechanical processes involved
- Safety aspects and injury prevention considerations
- How to introduce beginners to the Meel
- How to assess clients’ readiness for Meel exercises, and regress and progress the movements as needed
- How to design, format and introduce individual and group exercise programs and classes
- How to integrate Meel exercises into overall fitness program design, including utilising various components for dynamic warm-ups, interval training, circuit training, skills building, or as stand-alone workouts.
What you will get upon successful completion:
- Illustrated Course Manual containing all exercises and teaching information covered in the course
- Pre-packaged exercise programs and routines with clear progressions suitable for all your clients
- Equipment care and maintenance procedure
- Discounted access to our members only video library
- Special membership discounts on our equipment
- Ability to use the Persian Yoga name and logo in your own marketing.
- Certificate of completion (Issued to all who complete the workshop)
- Certificate of competency (Issued to all who complete the workshop assessment component)
What & When:
This course is split over 2 weekends to give you time to absorb and practice the presented material.
- 1/2 Day 8:30am-11:30am (No breaks)
- 8:30-9:00 Introductions
- 9:00-9:30 Safety aspects & Injury prevention
- 9:30-11:15 Fundamental techniques
- Turning the Meel
- Swinging the Meel
- 4 Count swing
- 2 Count swing
- Straight arm swing
- Double-Back Turn
- Double-Back swing
- Frontal swing
- 11:15-11:30 Q&A and Feedback
- 1/2 Day 8:30am-12:00am (No breaks)
- 8:30-9:00 Revision
- Wrist rotations
- 11:00-11:30 Revision & Feedback
- 11:30-12:00 Assessment
Learn everything about the Meel. I will share with you, in a systematic and personalised way, everything you need, and that I know, about the Meel.
- Introduction to Meel
- Fundamentals of Meel
- Variations with Meel
- Advanced Variations and Combinations with Meel
Subject to Persian Yoga Workshop Registration Policies, Codes & Procedures