CST - Pahlavani - Fundamentals
The Fundamentals workshop, available as a face-to-face and online course, will introduce you to Persian Yoga™ (Pahlavani) and teach you the fundamental principles and concepts of Circular Strength Training (CST) and integrated dynamic movements under load.
You will learn the fundamental concepts, techniques and exercises of CST as used in Persian Yoga™ and the use of the Meel™ (Persian Clubs) and Shena™ (Push-up board) in Persian Yoga™ and beyond.
The course will also teach you numerous, over 15 Meel and over 12 Shena, exercises and variations together with complete regressions and progressions.
You will also learn dynamic flexibility exercises and gymnastic based cardiovascular (aerobic) and agility conditioning exercises as used in Persian Yoga™.
The goal is to prepare the athlete for learning fundamentals and progressions, with the Meel™ and Shena™, by establishing a solid foundation and understanding of the use of these tools and how they can be applied in the use of Persian Yoga™ and beyond.
Either of the below:
- Cert III in Fitness
- CrossFit Trainer
- Kettle-bell Instructor
- Yoga Teacher
- Previous experience in circular resistance training activities and exercising with clubs, Kettle-bells and/or Bulgarian-bags is an advantage, but not necessary.
What you will gain by attending:
- Principals of Persian Yoga™ I
- Fundamental techniques with the Shena™.
- Level 1 Asanas with the Shena™
- Fundamental techniques with the Meel™
- Level 1 exercises and variations with the Meel™
- Level 1 dynamic flexibility exercises
- Level 1 kicking and stomping (aerobic cardio-vascular) exercises
- The correct way to perform each exrcise and variation, including how to cue and correct others
- The purpose and function of each exercise, along with the bio-mechanical processes involved
- Safety aspects and injury prevention considerations
- How to introduce beginners to the Persian Yoga
- How to assess clients’ readiness for Persian Yoga, and regress and progress the movements as needed
- How to design, format and introduce individual and group exercise programs and classes
What you will get upon successful completion:
- Illustrated Course Manual containing all exercises and teaching information covered in the course
- Pre-packaged exercise programs and routines with clear progressions suitable for all your clients
- Equipment care and maintenance procedure
- Discounted access to our members only video library
- Special membership discounts on our equipment
- Ability to use the Persian Yoga name and logo in your own marketing.
- Certificate of completion (Issued to all who complete the workshop)
- Certificate of competency (Issued to all who complete the workshop assessment component)
What & When:
This course is split over 2 days to give you time to absorb and practice the presented material.
- 1/2 Day 8:30am-11:30am (No breaks)
- 8:30-9:00 Introductions
- 9:00-9:30 Safety aspects & Injury prevention
- 9:30-11:15 Fundamentals & Level 1 techniques
- 11:15-11:30 Q&A and Feedback
- 1/2 Day 8:30am-12:00am (No breaks)
- 8:30-9:30 Revision
- 9:30-11:00 Fundamentals & Level 1 techniques
- Dynamic flexibility exercises
- Kicking and Stomping variations
- 11:00-11:30 Revision & Feedback
- 11:30-12:00 Group practice session
Online Course Schedule
- 4 x 2hrs session covering the same material
Online Course fee: $325 pp ($250 for Fitness Australia members)
Courses are held by appointment