What are the similarities between Persian Yoga (Pahlavani) and Indian Yoga?
- Both include various Asanas
- Both move energy throughout the body through manipulating the body physically
- They develop and increase flow, fluidity and grace
- Encourages the mind, body and spirit connection
- They improve and develop
- Isometric strength
- Strenghthens the immune system
- Improves circulation
- Tones muscles
- Improves concentration and focus
What are the differences between Persian Yoga (Pahlavani) and Indian Yoga?
Persian Yoga is much more dynamic in nature, e.g. you rarely hold a pose for a long period of time and there's constant movement.
- The emphasis is on developing power and functional strength through dynamic strength training, movement and poses
- Persian Yoga incorporates more agility exercises
- It greatly enhances reflexes and hand to eye coordination
- Cardiovascular endurance training is integrated within the system
- Includes dynamic resistance strength training through the use of external weights
- Includes calisthenics exercises
- Is physically challenging
- Persian Yoga bridges the gap between functional strength training and Yoga
How to recover from rotator cuff injuries & injury proof your shoulders!
Shena (pushup-board) Benefits & Review
Split stance Persian push-ups & calisthenics on the Shena
3 ways of improving your Meel swinging!
Persian Meels vs Indian Clubs
DIY Shena Pushup Board - Number one tool for Calisthenics & Persian Yoga